1. Key details
2. Using this website
Access to this website is provided by DVL Smith Ltd and subject to these terms.
DVL Smith is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. DVL Smith is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection.
We do not guarantee that use of this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects are corrected, or that the server that runs it is free from viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient security and virus checks. Your use of the website and the materials contained in it are done so entirely at your own risk.
3. Why we gather information and what data we gather
We may gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We may collect the following information:
* Email address
* Country location
* Website usage data
4. How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
* To contact you in response to a specific enquiry from you.
* To send you promotional newsletters and emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
* For our own internal records.
* To improve the products and services we provide.
5. Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or unsubscribe from an email we send you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so. We will always hold your information securely. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
6. Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you.
They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
* Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
* Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
* Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
* Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
* To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
7. Information you post on our website
In addition, certain message boards and similar user forums may display IP addresses along with the message poster’s name and message.
DVL Smith Ltd bears no responsibility for any action or policies of any third parties who collect any information users may disclose on the message boards, chat areas or other user forums, if any, on the site.
8. Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.dvlsmith.com domain.
If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
DVL Smith Ltd
2nd January 2018